Title: Field Applications Engineer (FAE)
Reports to: Vice President of Sales
Based at: Home Office or Pyreos, SMC, Alexander Crum Brown Road, Edinburgh, EH9 3FF
This a key role within the Sales team targeting pre and post sales technical support enabling customers to rapidly design-in and enter production using Pyreos Mid-Infrared Sensors – notably for Gas, Flame, and materials analysis such as food and oils.
This is an opportunity for an experienced Field Application Engineer to join a small company at an exciting time in its development. The successful applicant will be excellent at working with sales and engineering staff at all levels. They will be comfortable accepting overall responsibility for technically interfacing with assigned accounts.
Key Interfacing with the Pyreos commercial, engineering & development teams, distributors, customers and partners. Being comfortable with this type of interaction is a key requirement for the role.
Key responsibilities and accountabilities:
- Support customers through the design-in of Pyreos Mid-Infrared sensor products.
- Identify possible business opportunities and/or ways of applying Pyreos’ products to meet customers’ technical needs, including analysis of the competition.
- Develop and present training material to customers and channel partners.
- Attend trade shows and conferences.
- Respond to and follow up technical enquiries by email, telephone, and face to face meetings.
- Support Customers through design issues by problem solving, be first line technical support for RMAs.
- Maintain and develop existing and new customer relationships through planned individual account support at all levels.
- Monitor document and report on activities and provide relevant management information.
- Liaise and attend meetings with other company functions necessary to perform duties and aid business and organisational development.
- Attend training and develop relevant knowledge and skills.
- Provide the two-way technical conduit between the customer and Pyreos R&D.
- Author & proof read technical documents as required.
- Help to develop reference designs and test platforms for Customers to evaluate the Pyreos products.
Based in their home office or the head office in Edinburgh the FAE will primarily support customers in Europe and North America and may from time to time support clients out of this designated territory. To effectively support these customers the FAE will be expected to travel overseas and to regularly work outside normal working hours.
- An experienced Customer facing FAE (3+ years) in an embedded product application environment.
- Previous experience in one of the following application areas would be an advantage; Spectroscopy; Infrared; Gas sensors; Motion & Gesture or Optical Modules.
- The applicant must have an inquiring, logical mind, be tenacious and customer focussed, including very good data analysis skills
- The applicant must have a good understanding of software (e.g. programmed in C, C++ and/or Python), hardware (be able to use circuit simulation tools to analyse layouts/schematics etc..) and product development.
- The applicant must be commercially aware.
- The applicant must be familiar with project management requirements
- The applicant must have good written and spoken communication skills 9in English) and be confident presenting and explaining complex technology.
- The applicant must be home located in the U.K.
The applicant must hold a recognised technical degree in physics, electronics or a similar field.